Thursday, January 4, 2018

10 Years of Scale Model Blogging!

It's been exactly 10 years since I posted my first scale model blog and time has sure gone by! With over 330 posts, 14 scale models completed and another 3 on the workbench I am very satisfied with what I have accomplished.

Statistics wise I am also surprised at over 17 thousand page views of my blog from all over the world and over 9700 views of the 6 scale model related videos on YouTube. I think one of the special moments I had was when my blog was mentioned in the April 2012 edition of the magazine "FineScale Modeller" which is the magazine that got me into the hobby back in 1995. While my objective has never been to get the most number of views or make money with my blog (which I don't) I take great pride in being able to share my experience with the hobby with everyone and hope to encourage others to try out one of my favorite past times.

While I have nothing specific planned for the next 10 years one item I do hope to look into is the ever maturing technology of 3D printers which I believe would make a tremendous difference in not only solving issues but also permitting more creativity. Just waiting for the prices to be reasonable at this point as I have witnessed recently the high quality of the printed parts it is that are now feasible.

Well enough rambling and now time to get back to the workbench!

No comments: